Friday, December 9, 2011

The sweep of the Spirit


"All my heart goes out to you, my God;
to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.” ~ Psalm 24:1
 
 
 
From the rising of the sun to its setting” (Mal 1:11), the Church sends her priests to the altar to raise the mighty cry, Sursum corda! -- Hearts on high!” It is, in fact, the mystery of the Most Holy Eucharist that keeps the Church in a ceaseless Advent.

The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass draws us upward, out of ourselves and into “the fullness of God” (Eph 3:19). Hearts on high!” What does the Church reply...? All my heart goes out to you, my God; to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul” (Ps 24:1).

We have entered already into the great Advent movement. There is no turning back. ... The Spirit comes to sweep the Bride into the embrace of the Bridegroom. Behold, He comes!  

Fr Mark Kirby, o. Cist

No comments:

Post a Comment