Saturday, December 1, 2012

The GOAL

 
Photo Credit:  The Georgia Bulletin ~ Student, St Pius HS , Atlanta



"The goal of every human life should be
the adoration of the Blessed Sacrament."


Bl. Charles de Foucauld
Priest, Martyr ~ 1858-1916
nee France ~ Missionary in the Sahara of Algeria
Inspiration and writings led to the founding
of the Little Brothers of Jesus congregation
Feast Day – December 1

 

Charles returned to the Faith, after living an immoral life.  Regarding his conversion, Charles said, "The moment I realized that God existed, I knew I could not do otherwise than to live for Him alone.  …My religious vocation dates from the same moment as my faith:  God is so great.  There is such a difference between God and everything that is not."

Prayer of Bl Charles de Foucauld ~ both prayed and lived...

Father, I abandon myself into Your hands; do with me what You will. Whatever You do I thank You. I am ready for all, I accept all. Let only Your will be done in me, as in all Your creatures, I ask no more than this, my Lord. Into Your hands I commend my soul; I offer it to You, O Lord, with all the love of my heart, for I love You, my God, and so need to give myself - to surrender myself into Your hands, without reserve and with total confidence, for You are my Father.
Blessed Charles de Foucald, ora pro nobis!


ORDAINED to the Holy Priesthood of Jesus Christ TODAY
Saturday, December 1, 2012
Oh, day of love beyond all telling
 
Rev. Mr. Kevin Abakisi
Rev. Mr. Robert Abotzbire
Rev. Mr. Peter Akuduga
Rev. Mr. Albert Wugaa
10 AM GMT
Diocese of Navrongo-Bolgantanga
Ghana

Let us hold them in prayer and offer thanksgiving for their 'YES'! 

“The greatest glory of God on earth is a good priest,
for a good priest is a monstrance for Christ.”
~
Fr Gerald Fitzgerald, s.P.


No comments:

Post a Comment