Friday, March 28, 2014

Rightly ordered love

 We adore Thee, O Christ, and we praise Thee, 
Because by Thy holy cross, Thou has redeemed the world.**
St Francis of Assisi

Father Frank Baumert, pastor at Holy Name Parish in Omaha, prepares March 22 to record the weekly Mass for Shut-Ins. Behind Father Baumert is the new crucifix for the Mass, which was purchased by the Serra Club of Omaha, sponsors of the Mass that can be seen Sundays at 10:30 a.m. on WOWT Channel 6 in Omaha. The Mass has been airing since 1964.
Fr Frank Baumert, Omaha, celebrates Mass and records weekly for Shut-Ins.


"Love for the Eucharist,
love for the cross,
love for souls
must be our ideal."
Bl. Pina Suriano
1915-1950

 **This prayerful refrain (above photo) is used during Stations of the Cross,  Click here: Stations of the Cross with Reflections written by Mother Angelica a pious devotion for many Christians on Fridays, especially during Lent. This is an opportunity to gain a plenary indulgence, so too is devoutly reciting Prayer Before a Crucifix before an image of Jesus Christ crucified on any Friday during Lent after receiving Holy Communion. (Source: Handbook of Indulgences)

Click here: Myths about Indulgences | Catholic Answers

Prayer Before a Crucifix
Look down upon me, good and gentle Jesus,
while before Your face I humbly kneel and,
with burning soul,
pray and beseech You
to fix deep in my heart lively sentiments
of faith, hope and charity;
true contrition for my sins,
and a firm purpose of amendment.
While I contemplate,
with great love and tender pity,
Your five most precious wounds,
pondering over them within me
and calling to mind the words which David,
Your prophet, said of You, my Jesus:
"They have pierced My hands and My feet,
they have numbered all My bones."
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment