Monday, March 10, 2014

The response of LOVE

One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek:  that I may dwell
in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the
beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. - Psalm 27:4 
 
St Mary of the Woods, Adoration Chapel ~ Terra Haute, Indiana ~ USA
  
In response to Thy presence, O Lord,
I offer Thee my presence.
In response to Thy silence,
I offer Thee my silence.
In response to the gaze of Thy Eucharistic Face,
I offer Thee my eyes.
In response to Thy Eucharistic Heart,
I offer Thee every heartbeat of mine.
In response to the mystery of Thy Eucharistic poverty,
I offer Thee my poverty.

My one desire is to remain before Thee
even as Thou remainest before me
in this the Sacrament of Thy Love.
 
Dom Mark Kirby
Silverstream Priory
Stamullen, County Meath, Ireland

1 comment: