Saturday, January 16, 2016

Doors to abundant life...

  So Jesus again said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you,
I am the door of the sheep.  ... I came that you may have life,
and have it abundantly."  - John 10:7,10b 

catholic-church-rugby.jpg (387×516)


"The doors 
we open and close each day
decide the lives we live." - Flora Whittmore


"Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament 
is the Living Heart of 
each of our parishes." - Bl Pope Paul VI


puerta+santa+de+la+basilica+de+santa+maria+mayor+de+roma.jpg (300×450)

 "The Mother of forgiveness teaches the Church
that the forgiveness granted on Golgotha knows no limits. 
Neither the law with its quibbles, nor the wisdom of this world
with its distinctions, can hold it back. ...
Let us, then, pass through the Holy Door of Mercy
knowing that at our side is the Blessed Virgin Mary,
the Mother of God, who intercedes for us. 
Let us allow her to lead us to the rediscovery
of the beauty of an encounter with her Son Jesus. ..
Let us open wide the doors of our heart

to the joy of forgiveness,
conscious that we have been given new confidence and hope,
and thus make our daily lives a humble instrument of God's love."

Pope Francis

in-confessional.jpg (500×375)

"My daughter, just as you prepare in My presence, so also you make your confession before Me.  
The person of the priest is, for Me, only a screen. 
Never analyze what sort of priest it is that I am making use of;
open your soul in confession as you would to Me
and I will fill it with My light." - (1725)- St Faustina, Divine Mercy in My Soul

 8411311628_a535bffac3_z.jpg (376×640)

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. 
If anyone hears my voice and opens the door
I will come in and eat with that person
and they with Me. - Revelation 3:20


Church door image:  Catholic Church ~ Rugby, England
Tabernacle image:  St Anthony of Padua Catholic Church ~ St Louis, Missouri ~ USA
Porta Sancta - St Mary Major, Roma
Confessional  - place unknown
Jesus Knocking at Door image: Lamb Studios Design

No comments:

Post a Comment