Friday, April 15, 2016

Rendezvous with God...

CCC 1327. "In brief, the Eucharist is the sum and summary of our faith:
'Our way of thinking is attuned to the Eucharist,
and the Eucharist in turn confirms our way of thinking.'
(St Irenaeus, Adv. haeres.4,18, 5: PG7/l, 1028.)


"The Mass is the greatest of all love songs.  
It is our rendezvous with God, where He 
comes to us joyfully and gladly. …

What has already begun through other kinds of prayer is now brought to fulfillment at Mass.  God and humanity become one in a strange and incredible mystery that only a lover like God could conceive.  The Mass is the incarnation of His immense love, and it is also the incarnation of our response:  God and human beings are in communion. …

I am always especially joyful when I go to Communion, cognizant of the great mystery happening there.  For me, the symbols of bread and wine dissolve and disappear into the reality of Christ’s Body and Blood.  

I receive God in a mysterious way.  He comes to me in order to be united with me.  When I receive from the chalice, it is difficult for me to let go of it.  The symbolism has vanished, and only the Blood of Christ remains.  I want to hold on to it as long as I can."

Catherine de Hueck Doherty (1896-1985)
Excerpt from Soul of My Soul: 
Reflections from a Life of Prayer (pgs 93,94)
  

Sometime in the month of April ...
invite someone to attend Mass with you!
What a fitting gift in this month
dedicated to the Holy Eucharist!

No comments:

Post a Comment