Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Seeking conversion...

 "I have decided not to let this Lent go by like rain on stones,
leaving no trace.  I will let it soak into me, changing me.
I will be converted, I will turn again to the Lord 
and love Him as He wants to be loved." - St Josemaria Escriva

294D523947244CEE2C352D4CEE2C08.jpg (491×640)

"We must be thankful to God that He 
it so easy for us to come to Him: but we should show our gratitude
by preparing ourselves to receive Him very well (828).

 Tell Our Lord that from now on, every time
you celebrate Mass or attend it, and every time you administer 
or receive the Sacrament of the Eucharist, you will do so with a great faith, 
with a burning love, just as if it were to be the last time in your life. 
And be sorry for the carelessness of your past life (829).

When you receive Him, tell Him: Lord, I hope in You: 
I adore You, I love You, increase my faith. Be the support of my weakness: 
You, who have remained defenseless in the Eucharist so
as to be the remedy for the weakness of your creatures (832).


St Josemaria Escriva
Excerpts from The Forge

Painting: La Misa de San Benito. XVII. Fray Juan Andres Ricci

No comments:

Post a Comment