Saturday, March 23, 2019

To be content always...

But you are a shield around me, O LORD; 
you bestow glory on me and lift up my head. - Psalm 3:3

2259d04e4bd150bc06b5df01d7296531.jpg (293×400)

"The only One necessary to have
to be content
always
is to have our Lord."

 
 St Turibius de Mogrovejo
Nee Spain ~ 1538 - 1606
Layman to ordained Archbishop of Lima! (see YouTube below)
Started First Seminary in the Americas
Patron: Peru, Latin Am. Bishops, Native Rights
Incorrupt
Feast Day - March 23
IMAGE above:  At Prayer ~ F Schurig, circa 1890

When Turibius undertook the reform of the clergy as well as unjust officials, 
he naturally suffered opposition. Some tried, in human fashion, 
to explain God's law in such a way as to sanction their accustomed way of life.  
He answered them in the words of Tertullian, 
"Christ said, 'I am the truth'; he did not say, 'I am the custom.'"


St Turibius, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment