Monday, October 28, 2019

My heart, a resting place...

"I am a child of God through Baptism and my resemblance to Him 
has grown stronger through Holy Communion. May I never forget my last 
Communion and may my heart yearn for the next one." - Mother Angelica

566b16ab-19dd-4c1f-9224-b74d76452980_570.Jpeg (428×570)

"Heavenly Father, when Your priest
holds up the host
and says "the Body of Christ"
let my soul bow in humble adoration
before the love and humility of Jesus.

Let my heart be
a pure resting place for Your Son.

I desire, dear Father, that the image of Jesus
grow brighter in my soul after every Communion.
At that tremendous moment God and I are one."

Mother Angelica
Foundress of EWTN and the Poor Clare Nuns of Perpetual Adoration
Excerpt from The Mass is my Life

Painting: Francisco Ribalta

No comments:

Post a Comment