Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Prayer of heart...

 "Don't drag yourself any longer to His feet. 
Follow that first impulse that draws you into His arms. 
That is where your place is." - St Thérèse of Lisieux



"Frequently, only silence can express my prayer. 
However, this Divine Guest of the tabernacle understands all, 
even the silence of a child's soul filled with gratitude. 
When I am before the tabernacle, 
I can say only one thing to Our Lord:
'My God, you know that I love you'
and I feel my prayer does not tire Jesus."

St Thérèse of Lisieux
aka The Little Flower of Jesus 
and St Therese of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face 
France ~ 1873-1897 
Carmelite Nun 
The Story of a Soul (autobiographical) a MUST READ! 
Co-Patron of the Missions (w/St Francis Xavier) 
Co-Patron of France (w/St Joan of Arc) 
Doctor of the Church 
Pope St Pius X called her "the greatest saint of modern times"
Feast Day - October 1

21722dc42d7555c69de95e08d73b37be.jpg (236×197)

"The only thing I really wish for 
...is to love until I die of love." - St. Thérèse

"I will spend my heaven doing good on earth.
I will let fall a shower of roses." - St. Thérèse

Seven Sisters roses - Rosa multiflora f. platyphylla


St Thérèse of Lisieux, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment