Saturday, February 8, 2020

A Saint for Prisoners of their Past...

 Better is one day in your courts
than a thousand elsewhere... Psalm 84:10a

b0411078b51fd0f96830306241e9da88.jpg (587×444)

St. Josephine spent hours in Eucharistic Adoration and,
when one Sister asked if it tired her, she said,
"Not at all!  I have been having a
wonderful time with Him. 
He has waited so long for me."...
"Our Lord has always been so good to me ...
If I were to stay on my knees for my entire life,
I still would not be able to 
express my gratitude sufficiently."


St Josephine Bakhita
Sudan/Italy ~ 1869-1947
Religious (Canossian Daughters of Charity)
Click here: Canossian Daughters of Charity - Who We Are
Pope Benedict XVI, on 30 November 2007, in the beginning of his 
second encyclical letter Spe Salvi (In Hope We Were Saved), 
relates her entire life story as an outstanding example of the Christian hope.
Feast Day - Feb 8

Bakhita_Szent_Jozefina.jpeg (193×314)

Toward the end of her life, Mother Bakhita used to smile and say: 
"I travel slowly, one step at a time, because I am carrying 
two big suitcases. One of them contains my sins, and in the other,
 which is much heavier, are the infinite merits of Jesus. 
When I reach heaven I will open the suitcases and say to God: 
'Eternal Father, now you can judge.' 
And to St. Peter: 'Close the door, because I'm staying.'"


St Josephine was known for her smile, gentleness and holiness. 
She even went on record saying, “If I were to meet the slave-traders 
who kidnapped me and even those who tortured me, 
I would kneel and kiss their hands, for if that did not happen, 
I would not be a Christian and Religious today.”

St Josephine Bakhita, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment