Tuesday, April 21, 2020

...that my JOY may be full...

  "No one will have any other desire in heaven than what God wills;
and the desire of one will be the desire of all;
and the desire of all and of each one
will also be the desire of God." - St. Anselm, Letter 112

eucharist6.jpg (256×400)

"I adore and venerate You 
as much as ever I can,
though my love is so cold, 
my devotion so poor.

Thank You for the good gift of this
Your holy Body and Blood, 
which I desire to receive...that which 
You promised through Your truth,
that my joy may be full…"

St Anselm
nee Italy ~ 1033-1109
Archbishop of Canterbury
Benedictine monk, theologian, philosopher
"Father of Scholasticism"
Doctor of the Church
Feast Day - April 21

 Anselm.jpg (215×235)

"O God our God, grant us grace to desire you with a whole heart,
so that desiring you we may seek and find you;
and so finding you, may love you;
and loving you may hate those sins which separate us from you,
for the sake of Jesus Christ." St Anselm

 2d456a40118878a7c34e99bf928172db.jpg (480×360)
"From the moment of her fiat 
Mary began to carry all of us in her womb." St Anselm

Image above: Annunciation ~ Andrea del Sarto

St Anselm, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment