Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Prayer Before Reception of Holy Communion...

"May every heart love Thee, every spirit adore Thee
and every will be subject to Thee!" - St Margaret Mary Alacoque

 5cac76f896f4f9df8e68916b777ba7dd.jpg (579×429)

Prayer Before Reception of Holy Communion

O God, charity without limit
and mercy without measure,
it is your love that causes you to come to me 
and it is my hope that brings me to receive you. 
I give you my body as a temple,
my heart as an altar and my soul as a pyx.

O Lord, Innocent Lamb,
Redeemer of mercy, noble Child, Jesus,
cover me with your mantle; give me lodging in your Heart; 
envelop me in your kingdom; cure me with your fragrance and charity;
enliven me by your death; hide me in your wounds; 
cleanse me with your blood; bind me with your love and
make me utterly pleasing, according to your Holy Heart, Lord.

Prayer from a pamphlet regarding the Mass
Ireland, circa 1960s
Hat tip:  Kim Thoraldson

Image: Mass at a Connemara cabin ~ Aloysius O' Kelly 
_______________________________________________________________

Day 7
Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Solemnity:  June 19


Jesus, meek and humble of heart
make my heart like unto Thine. 
Heart of Jesus, burning with love for me, 
inflame my heart with love of Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment