Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Tidying up...

  "Speak for your servant is listening." - I Samuel 3:10b

praying-pew-shaft-of-light.jpg (548×365)

"Above all, we must get to church early in order to 'tidy up' inwardly.  We must have no illusions about our condition when we enter the church; we must frankly face our restlessness, confusion, disorder. To be exact, we do not yet really exist as persons - at least not as persons God can address, expecting a fitting response.  We are bundles of feelings, fancies, thoughts, and plans all at cross-purposes with each other. 

The first thing to do, then, is to quiet and collect ourselves.  We must be able to say honestly:  Now I am here.  I have only one thing to do - participate with my whole being in the only thing that counts, the sacred celebration. I am entirely ready."

Romano Guardini
Preparing Yourself for Mass

No comments:

Post a Comment