Sunday, April 28, 2024

Bearing much fruit...

Fifth Sunday of Easter
Alleluia, alleluia.  Remain in me as I remain in you, 
says the Lord.  Whoever remains in me 
will bear much fruit.  Alleluia, alleluia



From the Catechism of the Catholic Church: 

2074: Jesus says: "I am the vine, you are the branches. 
He who abides in me, and I in him, he it is that bears 
much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing." 
The fruit referred to in this saying is the holiness of a life made 
fruitful by union with Christ.  When we believe in Jesus 
Christ, partake in his mysteries, and keep his commandments, 
the Savior himself comes to love, in us, his father 
and his brethren, our Father and our brethren. 
His person becomes, through the Spirit, the living and 
interior rule of our activity, "This is my commandment, 
that you love one another as I have loved you." 
(Bolds added for emphasis)

The Lord's Day is the lord of days... 
but also remembering today... 
these who fully abided in the Vine!
Feast Day April 28th

St Louis de Montfort, pray for us!
St Gianna Molla, pray for us!
St Peter Chanel, pray for us!
_____________

Day 7
Novena to St Joseph
 

Feast Day:  May 1 (Patron of Workers)
St Joseph, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment