Tuesday, April 23, 2024

My soul, stop here...

  This is My Body.  This is My Blood. 


"My soul, stop here and go no further.  
Believe as simply, as forcibly as your Savior 
has spoken, with a submission 
that corresponds to His authority and power.  
Once again, He wants to see in your faith the same 
simplicity with which He has spoken these words.  

In the ancient rite of Communion, the priest said, 
"The body of Jesus," and the 
faithful responded, "Amen," or "so it is," and
"The blood of Jesus Christ," and the 
faithful responded, "Amen," or "so it is."
All has been accomplished.  All has been said. 
All has been explained. 
I am silent.  I believe.  I adore."

Bishop Jacques-Benigne Bossuet (+1704)

Painting above:  artist, Renata Sedmakova

____________________

Day 2
Novena to St Joseph
 

Feast Day:  May 1 (Patron of Workers)
St Joseph, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment