Sunday, May 14, 2017

A Grandmother's gaze...





Between his breviary pages, Pope Francis keeps his Grandmother Rosa's letters and her last words to her grandchildren before she died. She said that in times of sadness, trouble or loss, to look to the tabernacle, "where the greatest and noblest martyr is kept," and to Mary at the foot of the cross so that they may "let fall a drop of salve on the deepest and most painful wounds."

Excerpt from... Pope Francis: Conversations with Jorge Bergoglio
by Sergio Rubin and Francesca Ambrogetti,
originally published 2010 under title "El Jesuita" ("The Jesuit")


Blessed Mother’s Day to all!

05.jpg (400×348)

"A partnership with God is motherhood.
What beauty, what love, what self control
must belong to her who helps God
fashion an immortal soul!" (Author Unknown)

motherpraying.jpg (300×225)

Some have had kings in their lineage,
Some to whom honor was paid.
Not blest of my ancestors - but,
I have a mother who prays.

I have a mother who prays for me
And pleads with the Lord every day for me.
Oh what a difference it makes for me - 
I have a mother who prays.

Some have worldly success
And trust in riches they've made - 
This is my surest asset,
I have a mother who prays.

My mother's prayers cannot save me,
Only mine can avail;
But mother introduced me to Someone - 
Someone who never could fail.

Oh yes..I have a mother who prays for me
And pleads with the Lord every day for me.
O what a difference it makes for me - 
I have a mother who prays.

Author Unknown


387_0-84598900-1430444879_adoration-giuseppe-magni-bpfbt.jpg (600×477)

Dearest mothers, thank you, 
...thank you for what you are in your family 
and for what you give to the Church and the world.
And to you, beloved Church, thank you, thank you for being mother. 
And to you, Mary, Mother of God, thank you for letting us see Jesus. 
And thank you for all the mamas.  Let us salute them! - Pope Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment