Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Most tender of friends...

“Jesus Christ treats missionaries in a very special manner,
for it is He who guides their footsteps
and preserves them from all danger." - St Damien of Molokai

adoration-chapel-3-kate-word.jpg (525×700)

"I find my consolation in the one and only 
companion who will never leave me, 
that is, our Divine Saviour in the Holy Eucharist. . . . 

It is at the foot of the altar that we find the strength necessary 
in this isolation of ours.  Without the Blessed Sacrament
a position like mine would be unbearable.  But, having Our Lord 
at my side, I continue always to be happy and content... 

Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament is the 
most tender of friends 
with souls who seek to please Him. 

His goodness knows how to proportion itself to the smallest
of His creatures as to the greatest of them.  Be not afraid then in your solitary conversations, to tell Him of you miseries, your fears, 
your worries, of those who are dear to you, of your projects, 
and of your hopes.  Do so with confidence and with an open heart."

St Damien of Molokai
Belgian by birth (Jozef Damien de Vuester)
1840-1889
Priest, Missionary to Hawaii
Known as: Apostle to the Lepers
FEAST DAY - May 10 

Top Image:  Adoration Chapel, Corpus Christi, Texas, with paint applications by Kate Browning Word


"It is a great happiness to me whenever I have an opportunity of sending
news of myself, of reminding you, my dear parents, that on an island
in the midst of the great Pacific, you have a son who loves you
and a priest who prays for you..." - Letter by Father Damien to his parents

St Damien of Molokai, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment