Thursday, May 18, 2017

Hear what I say without speaking...

Let me hear what God the Lord will speak, 
for He will speak peace to His people, to His saints, 
to those who turn to Him in their hearts. - Psalm 85:8


"Hail, sacred tabernacles! … 
Oh, I love Your temple!  
It is an island of peace in the ocean of the world. ...

Is there a tongue equal to the ecstasy of the heart?   
Whatever my lips may say, this blood that circulates in me,
this breath that breathes in me, this heart that beats and swells,
these tear-bathed eyes, this still silence - all of these pray within me. 

Just as the waves swell at the rising of the King of day, 
the stars revolve, mute with reverence and love,
and You understand their silent hymn, so, Lord, in the same way,
understand me; hear what I say without speaking.  
Silence is the highest voice of a heart
that is overcome with Your glory!"

St Paul of the Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment