Sunday, October 2, 2011

Holy companion on the journey

"See, I am sending an angel before you, to guard you on the way
and bring you to a place I have prepared."  - Exodus 23:20
 
FEAST of the GUARDIAN ANGELS
October 2
 
 
   "It was during the Mass at 6:30 in the morning, at the moment of Consecration.  A dazzling light suddenly shone forth...I had the feeling that this adorable splendor was that of the Presence of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Eucharist.  Struck to the heart I could only repeat, 'My Lord and My God!'

      At the same moment there appeared the outline of the angels in prayer before the shining Host.  They were kneeling all around the altar in a semi-circle, their backs toward us.  There were eight of them… They did not have wings, but their bodies were enveloped in sort of a mysterious luminescence which clearly distinguished them from humans. 
      Amazed, not believing my eyes, I opened and closed them, rubbed them, but nothing changed.  All eight were there to adore the Most Blessed Sacrament in an attitude of great devotion. ...

      At the moment of Communion, my guardian angel approached me to invite me to advance to the altar.  At that moment, I clearly distinguished the guardian angels of each member of the community close to their left shoulders, and of the height a little smaller than each.  Like my guardian angel they gave truly the impression of guiding and watching over them with sweetness and affection.  This scene in itself opened my eyes to the profound meaning of the guardian angel, better than any theological explanation, even the most detailed.  After dinner I gave a complete account of this vision to the Bishop…  Had they not chosen the Feast of the Guardian Angels to show the example of adoration and to reveal their readiness to lead us to the Lord?   ~ Sr Agnes Sasagawa

 Excerpt from:
Akita, The Tears and Message of Mary
John M Haffert


 

Angel of God, my guardian dear
to whom God's love commits me here.
Ever this day/night be at my side
to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment