Friday, January 24, 2014

Divine solution

 "Nothing is so strong as gentleness,
nothing so gentle as real strength." - St Francis de Sales
 
 
"Those who have little to do
must receive Communion often,
since it is not inconvenient for them;
the same also goes
for those who have much to do,
since then they have more need of it."
 
 
St Francis de Sales
Bishop and Doctor of the Church
France/Switzerland ~ 1567-1622
Prolific writer and apologist
Patron of writers, journalists
Author of Introduction to the Devout Life (MUST READ!)
and A Treatise on the Love of God
Co-Founder of Sisters of the Visitation
FEAST DAY - January 24
 
 
 
"After having conferred Holy Orders on a pious young man, St Francis de Sales noticed that the newly ordained priest hesitated before a door as if to let someone pass before him.  'Why do you pause?' asked the saint.  'God favors me with the sight of my guardian angel,' replied the priest.  'Before I was ordained to the holy priesthood, my angel always remained at my right and preceded me.  Now he walks at the left and refuses to go before me.'  Such is the great veneration which the angelic spirits show even God's ministers because of their reverence for the Blessed Sacrament.'

~ From The Guardian Angels:  Our Heavenly Companions
 
 
St Francis de Sales, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment