Sunday, January 26, 2014

Reduced to ashes

 May we love you and possess you, for you are love -
and may every action of our lives praise you.
- Morning Prayer, Week II, Intercessions
 
Fr. Paschal Morlinio, OSB Carrying Monstrance with Eucharist by Siena Photo.
 
"Is it possible that there are souls who do not
understand what the Blessed Eucharist is?
Who are insensible to the Divine Presence.....to the mysterious
and fervent effusions of the Sacred Heart of my Jesus?
O Heart of Jesus! Heart of love!"...
 
 
 "My heart is the victim of Love and I shall soon die of love.
These flames of love consume my body, as well as my heart,
and I shall be reduced to ashes. Yesterday, as I drew near to Jesus
in the Blessed Sacrament, I felt myself burning so violently,
that I was obliged to move away. I was burning all over;
it rose even to my face. Viva Gesu!
How does it happen that so many who are
standing so close to Jesus do not burn to ashes?”

  St Gemma Galgani

No comments:

Post a Comment