Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Send your angel to holy Mass...


   "When the Eucharist is being celebrated, 
the sanctuary is filled with countless angels 
who adore the divine victim immolated 
on the altar." - St. John Chrysostom 
 

Send Your Angel to Holy Mass

O, holy angel at my side, go to the church for me.
Kneel in my place at holy Mass, where I desire to be.
At Offertory in my stead, take all I am and own,
and place it as a sacrifice upon the altar throne.
At holy consecration’s bell, adore with seraph’s love, 
my Jesus, hidden in the Host, 
come down from heaven above.
And when the priest Communion takes, 
O, bring my Lord to me, that His sweet heart 
may rest on mine, and I His temple be.
Then pray for those I dearly love, 
and those who cause me grief,
Jesus’ love may cleanse all hearts 
and suffering souls relieve.
Pray that this sacrifice divine, 
may mankind’s sin’s efface,
then bring me Jesus’ blessing home, 
the pledge of every grace. Amen.

- Author unknown 
(Prayer imprinted on back of holy card)
_________________

No comments:

Post a Comment