Friday, November 2, 2012

All Souls Day

All Souls Day*
Commemoration of all the Faithful Departed
November 2
 
The commemoration of All Souls is rooted in the Church's
strong conviction that we, the living, have a serious responsibility
in love to accompany with prayer those who have died but who
must yet complete the purificatory preparation every human being
needs to be able to dwell in the all-encompassing love of God.
(From Magnificat, November 2010, Vol 12, No 9)
 
  
 
"Eternal Father, I offer You the most precious Blood
of Your Divine Son, Jesus, in union with
the Masses said throughout the world today,
for all the Holy Souls in purgatory.  Amen."
 
St Gertrude the Great
 
 
"I would go so far as to say that if there was no purgatory, then we would have to invent it, for who would dare say to himself that he was able to stand directly before God. .... (God) can cleanse us in such a way that we are able to be with Him and can stand there in the fullness of life.  Purgatory strips off from one person what is unbearable and from another the inability to bear certain things, so that in each of them a pure heart is revealed, and we can see that we all belong together in one enormous symphony of being."  ~ Pope Benedict XVI
 
LITTLE LITANY OF THE HOLY SOULS
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, have mercy on us. Lord, have mercy on us.
Holy Souls, Pray for us. For the souls of our families, We pray Thee, O God. For the souls of our friends, We pray Thee, O God. For the souls of our enemies, We pray Thee, O God. For the souls of all pagans, We pray Thee, O God. For the souls of all priests, We pray Thee, O God. For the souls of all religious, We pray Thee, O God. For the souls of the just, We pray Thee, O God. For the souls of all sinners, We pray Thee, O God. For the Holy Souls in Purgatory, We pray Thee, O God. For those who have none to pray for them, We pray Thee, O God. O almighty and eternal God, we beg Thee to have mercy on the Holy Souls in Purgatory, especially those for whom we are bound to pray; and we ask Thee also to listen to the prayers of the Blessed Souls in our behalf. Amen.

 

PRAYER FOR A HAPPY DEATH…written by Cardinal Newman.
O my Lord and Savior, support me in my last hour by the strong arms of Thy sacraments, and the fragrance of Thy consolations. Let Thy absolving words be said over me, and the holy oil sign and seal me; and let your own body be my food, and Thy blood my sprinkling; and let Thy Mother Mary come to me, and my angel whisper peace to me, and Thy glorious saints and my own dear patrons smile on me, that in and through them all I may die as I desire to live, in Thy Church, in Thy faith, and in Thy love. Amen.   
My Jesus, mercy.
 
*MORE on All Souls Day...
Click here:  http://www.fisheaters.com/customstimeafterpentecost12ac.html
 
 
This Eucharistic Reflection is archived.

No comments:

Post a Comment