Sunday, January 15, 2017

Preparing for the Lamb...

Priest: Behold the Lamb of God, behold Him
who takes away the sins of the world.
Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb.
 Preparation for Communion prayer (Mass)

main-tabernacle-in-fourviere-basilica.jpg (325×488)
 
Prayer before Communion (excerpt): St Ambrose...
 
Most Sweet Bread, heal my heart,
that I may taste the sweetness of Your love.
Heal it from all weakness, that I may enjoy no sweetness but You.
 
Most pure Bread, containing every delight
which ever refreshes us, may my heart consume You
and may my soul be filled with Your sweetness.
 
Holy Bread, living Bread, perfect Bread,
that has come down from heaven to give life to the world,
come into my heart and cleanse me from every stain of body and soul.
 
Enter into my soul; heal and cleanse me completely. 
Be the constant safeguard and salvation of my soul and body.
Guard me from the enemies who lie in wait.
May they flee from the protecting presence of Your power,
so that, armed in soul and body by You,
I may safely reach Your Kingdom.

 Tabernacle above:  Fourveire Basilica ~ Lyon, France

No comments:

Post a Comment