Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Approaching Him: plainly, simply...

 ...and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to His voice, 
and hold fast to Him.  For the LORD is your life... - Deut 30:20

listening-woman-1815-50-Godfried-Schalcken.jpg (486×544)
The Listening Woman - Godfried Shalcken
"Whenever I go to the chapel, 
put myself in the presence of our good Lord, and I say to Him, 
Lord, I am here.  Tell me what you would have me to do’ ...

... And then, I tell God 
everything that is in my heart.  
I tell Him about my pains and my joys, and then I listen.  
If you listen, God will also speak to you, for with the good Lord, 
you have to both speak and listen. God always speaks to you 
when you approach Him plainly and simply."  

St Catherine Labouré
France~ 1806 -1876
Daughters of Charity nun (Nursing order)
Marian Visionary
Incorrupt body 
(Motherhouse of Dgtrs of Charity: 
140 Rue du Bac, Paris)
Feast Day - November 28


In her second apparition, on November 27, 1830, Our Lady revealed her desire for the Miraculous Medal.  Over the course of the apparitions, which always occurred near the Blessed Sacrament, Our Mother gave St Catherine this message, as if giving a remedy, for the world:  “Come to the foot of the altar.  Here graces will be showered on all, great and little, who ask for them.  Graces will especially be showered upon those who ask for them.”


More about St Catherine and the Miraculous Medal -
and to obtain a free medal (USA and Canada only )

No comments:

Post a Comment