Sunday, May 13, 2012

I want God too!

 

"When I was still a child" - she testified - "and before I was old enough to receive Jesus in Communion, I used to rush to the front door to greet my mother when she returned from Mass. 

There I stood on tiptoe to reach up to her and cried,
'I want God too!'

My mother would bend down and softly breathe on my lips;
I immediately left her, and placing my hands across my chest,
full of joy and faith, jumping for joy I would keep repeating:
'I have received God too! I have received God too!' "

Mother Maria Candida of the Eucharist, OCD (1884 - 1949)


Blessed Mother’s Day to all!
 
 
 
"A partnership with God is motherhood.
What beauty, what love, what self control
Must belong to her who helps God
fashion an immortal soul!" (Author Unknown)
 
 
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us...
now and at the hour of our death.  AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment