Thursday, October 24, 2013

Parting's sweet sorrow

This then is how we know that we belong to the truth,
and how we set our hearts at rest in His presence. - I John 3:19


St Barnabas ~ Eastpointe, Michigan ~ USA.    Photo credit:  Diane Korzeniewski, OCDS


"The faith I have when I am in the presence
of the Blessed Sacrament is so strong
that I find it impossible to express what I feel….

When the time comes to leave
I must force myself to overcome the inclination
to prolong my stay with Jesus."


St Anthony Mary Claret 
Spain ~ 1807-1870
Missionary, Religious founder (Claretians),
Social reformer, Queen's (Spain) chaplain,
Writer and publisher, Excellent/renowned preacher
Survived 15 assassination attempts
Great devotion to Eucharist and Immaculate Heart of Mary
Said of him... "never without a rosary in his hands"
Archbishop of Cuba 1850-57
"The spiritual father of Cuba"
FEAST DAY - October 24


"When I see the need for Divine teaching and how hungry people
are to hear it, I am atremble to be off and running throughout the world,
preaching the word of God. I have no rest, my soul finds no other relief,
than to rush about and preach." ~ St. Anthony Mary Claret
 
 
St Anthony Mary Claret, pray for us!

More on St Anthony Mary Claret:
Click here: A Very Special Patron: Saint Anthony Mary Claret | Catholicism.org
 

No comments:

Post a Comment