Friday, October 4, 2013

Time well spent

...in reverence will I bow down toward your holy temple.  
Lead me, O Lord, in your righteousness... - Psalm 5: 7b-8a
 
  
Renaissance Restoration Studios, Joseph Tiedmann 
 
 
One day a rather worldly friend asked St. Francis:
"Father what do you do during those long hours
before the Blessed Sacrament?"
 
"My son in return I ask you
what does the poor man do at the rich man's door,
the sick man in presence of his physician,
the thirsty man at a limpid stream?
 
What they do, I do before the Eucharistic God.
I pray. I adore. I love."
 
St Francis of Assisi
Deacon, Founder, Stigmatist
a.k.a. - "the little beggar"
Italy ~ 1181 - 1226
 Founder: Friars Minor (Franciscans)
Co-founder w/St Clare: Order of Poor Ladies (Poor Clares)
Founder :  Third Order of Penance (for laity)
Started Eucharistic Adoration in Italy
FEAST DAY - October 4
 
 
"Sanctify yourself and you will sanctify society."
- St Francis of Assisi
 
 
St Francis of Assisi, pray for us!
 
Happy and Holy Namesake Day to Pope Francis!
Pray a Memorare now for our dear Holy Father.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment