Friday, July 8, 2011

Following His life... and uniting!

  

  "Sometimes after Holy Communion, having Our Lord within me,
I (Columba Marmion) follow in spirit His life, His successive states -

I adore Him in the Father's bosom, in the pure bosom of the Virgin
that He chose as His abode; I go to Bethlehem, to Nazareth, to the desert,
to Calvary.  I unite myself in this way to Jesus in each
of His states, and in this contact with Him I receive
the grace of all His mysteries.

    Holy Communion makes us abide in Christ and He in us. 
You know the story of Saint Teresa of Avila and of the infant Jesus. 
Well, after Communion I say to Our Lord:  'I am Columba of Jesus!'
and He could say to me:  'I am Jesus of Columba!' "


Dom Raymond Thibaut
Excerpt from: Abbot Columba Marmion: 
A Master of the Spiritual Life

No comments:

Post a Comment